What you can Bring:
Procedures thru TAMBO (Johannesburg) Airport:
Upon Arrival in South Africa.
- Exit Plane and go through Passport Control.
- Go to the the Import/Export Office. Next to it is an area marked "Firearms and Security items".
- Identify your rifle case and sign for it if required.
- Collect your normal luggage at the appropriate conveyer belt.
- Proceed on the Green line through customs.
- Exit the arrivals hall, look for an Xtreme Safaris representative holding sign with your name on it.
- Take a right and look for the SAP Firearms office, where you will review and sign for your permit.
Rifles and Shotguns:
- Maximum of four (4) firearms or shotguns, not more than one of the same caliber or guage.
- Only 200 rounds for each permitted firearm or shotgun will be allowed.
- No ammunition for other firearms (not accompanying you) is permitted.
- Firearms must bear the manufacturer's seriel number which the firearm can be identified, found on the barrell, frame or the receiver of the firearm - Handguns will be allowed into the country but must be used for hunting only which requires letters from hunter and outfitter stating such. - Shotguns: only side by side, over/under, or Pump shotguns are permitted.